Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lee Peedin[_2_] Lee Peedin[_2_] is offline

Default How do I turn off macro warnings?

I just stumbled on to the NG today and have been doing a lot of
"catch-up" reading. I do all my Excel programming via ooRexx ActiveX
and I have to take exception to Jim's statement "you can't turn
security warnings off". application.displayalerts = false sure turns
it off for me.

Lee

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:09:02 -0700, "Jim Thomlinson"
wrote:

The short answer is you can't turn security warnings off. If you could then
anyone who wrote a virus would just turn them off. You can have every one
turn their security down to low but this would potenetially allow a virus to
get into the system. You can also look at digital signatures or trusted
sources. This starts to get a little dependant on your version of Excel so I
can't really comment further...

HTH

"Jeff Stroope" wrote:

I'm running a macro in Excel from within Access using Automation. I'm new to
Automation and I figured out how to open and close an Excel workbook using
Access VBA. I want to format the data in the Excel workbook to currency
after a transferspreadsheet action from Access. So I wrote a little fomat
macro in Excel to run at the open event. In Access, I open the workbook and
the immediately close it just to run the format macro. The problem is, I
can't figure out how to turn the macro warning off. I just want to run the
macro without the user having to click "Enable Macros". Anyone know how to
turn those warnings off?

Thanks,

Jeff.