Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stevie_mac Stevie_mac is offline

Default Template Functionality

Oops on the 1st reply!

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If Me.FileFormat = xlTemplate Then Exit Sub
'do other stuff
'do other stuff
'do other stuff
'do other stuff
'do other stuff
'do other stuff
End Sub

Regards - Steve

"Nigel" wrote in message ...
Hi All
I have developed an application and saved this as a template file. A
separate loader programme opens this template and populates a number of
sheets in the template and saving the template as a 'normal' workbook with a
new name. This process in repeated 15 times for different datasets. My
question concerns how does a template (xlt) file differ from a normal wks
file?

In my template I have some macros required for the final application,
including a workbook open event. I was under the impression that the
template would not run its macros upon opening - it clearly does! - how do
I disable the macros in the template so that they only run when it is saved
as an wks workbook?

--
Cheers
Nigel