Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default End if w/o if?

Hi Dave

check my comments in line #########

--
Cheers
JulieD
....well i'm working on it anyway
"davegb" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've combined 2 macros that I got help writing here.
Sub AllSheetsToggleProtectWInd()
'for all sheets in currently active workbook, assigned to button
Dim TopCell As Range
Dim TopCol As Range
Dim Cols2Hide As Range
Dim wkSht As Worksheet

For Each wkSht In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
With wkSht
If .ProtectContents Then
.Unprotect Password:=PWORD
.Name = .Name & "##"
.Columns.Hidden = False
Else
Set TopCell = .Rows(3).Find(What:="top",
LookIn:=xlValues)
If Not TopCell Is Nothing Then ' if it found "top"

########where is this IF's END IF???############

Set TopCol = .Columns(TopCell.Column)
Set Cols2Hide = .Range(TopCol, .Columns("AC"))
Cols2Hide.Hidden = True
.Protect Password:=PWORD
If .Name Like "*[##]" Then _
.Name = Left(.Name, Len(.Name) - 2)

End If
End With<-----[end with without with error]

Next wkSht

End Sub

But when I run it, I get an error of "End with without if", even though
there's very clearly a "with wksht" statement at the top. If I remark
out the End with, I get a "Next without For" error, even though there's
a "For" statement. So any ideas on why VBA can't see my with or For
each statements?
Thanks in advance.