Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Old Car Old Car is offline

Default Excel 97 - VB question

Thanks. Using that technique, I find that closing the window causes that
event to fire. Is there a way to test for the fact that the Exit event is
firing because a "Close" button is being selected?

"Patrick Molloy" wrote in message
you can use the textbox's Exit event...

Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
If TextBox1.Text = "X" Then
Cancel = True

"Old Car" wrote:

I have a form with some textboxes on it (textbox1 and textbox2). When

the
user tabs from textbox1 to the textbox2, I validate the contents of the
textbox1 in the textbox1_AfterUpdate event handler. If the content

textbox1
is invalid, I want to keep the cursor in textbox1, rather than tabbing

textbox2.

I have tried using textbox1.SetFocus method in the textbox1_AfterUpdate

and
textbox2_Enter event handlers. Neither worked.

What is a good way to do this? Thanks.