Anne Troy

You could try something like:

=vlookup(a2&b2&c2,lookuprange,4)

However, you'd have to have a lookup range that ALSO concatenates the 3
columns, and that has to be the first column in your lookup range.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"rhani111" wrote in
message ...

Hi All,

If I have to create a function that returns a value but needs two sets
of criteria to return the value, HOW do I do this?

For example

Location Hole Depth Hole Type
Ramp 15 22 OB
Ramp 2 28 PS
Ramp 4 60 IB

The values to return (lookup) has to match the ramp number AND depth
between 15-25 and be a specific TYPE of hole ie OB.....

how can I get the formula to "lookup" whether it matches the three
criteria, look to another table to see what the rate should be...

--
rhani111
rhani111's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386331