Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy[_2_] Patrick Molloy[_2_] is offline

Default How to sum using vba

simply:

Option Explicit
Function Counter() As Long
Counter = _
WorksheetFunction.SumIf(Range("C1:C25"), "Band1", Range("D1:D25"))
End Function

You can easily expand by passing the ranges and criteria as parameters.

"Mr M Walker" wrote:

I am trying to sum data within excel using VBA.

What I what is a script theat adds data together everytime a criteria is met
for example

Everytime cells(r,1) = "Band1" then i want to add cells(r,2)

Band 1 may appear 500 time in 750 rows so I want to add all teh 500 together

I am sure this is not to difficult but I am just a novice.

Marcus