Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default Program Understanding

I doubt anyone will be able to give you any explanation without
context. What do H, REF, V, L, etc., refer to?

I suspect the code is from a language that allows much greater
flexibility than VB(A) in how variable names are associated with
programming entities (LISP or something similar, maybe?)

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , cpatte7372
@yahoo.com says...
Hello one and all,

I have bit of challenge to some of you guys who know how to interpret
excel programs - and have little knowledge of the stock market

I have attached an excel program that attempts to find out when a stock
(or any security) on the New York Stock Exchange has reversed from what
we call bullish to bearish.

Let me try to explain a little further:

When traders are buying a particular stock, lets say Microsoft (MSFT),
the volume of shares of that stock will typical go up which is referred
to a bullish or buying volume. On the flip side when traders are selling
a particular stock the volume of the shares may still go up but its no
longer bullish volume but is now referred to bearish or selling volume.

The attached program attempts to find when the volume changes from
bullish to bearish, and vica versa. I was wondering if someone could
just give me a breakdown of how the program achieves this end?

Cheers

Carlton

Volume Reversal Alerts = (If((H<Ref(H,-1)) AND (L<Ref(L,-1)) AND
(V<Ref(V,-1)),-1,(If((HRef(H,-1)) AND (LRef(L,-1)) AND
(VRef(V,-1)),1,0))))