Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default Add to a string to make it continuous

Nice. Worked in xl2002 but join is not in xl97

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dana DeLouis" wrote in message
The latest versions of Excel might be able to do it this way. Just an
option:

Dim s As String
s = Join(WorksheetFunction.Transpose(Range(Cells(7, 1),
Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))), ",")
Debug.Print s

--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"Adam" wrote in message
I got your code to work. Thanks!!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Fully tested. How did you modify to suit your needs.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Adam" wrote in message
This did not seem to work either.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try
Sub stringem()
For Each C In Range("e2:e" & Cells(Rows.Count, "e").End(xlUp).Row)
mystring = mystring & C & ","
Next
MsgBox Left(mystring, Len(mystring) - 1)

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Adam" wrote in message
I currently have a spreadsheet that has an infinate number of

rows
determined
by the user.

The code states:

For row=7 to Worksheets('Example').UsedRange.Row.Count

String1 = Worksheets("Example").Cells.(Row,1).Value

Endfor

Now I am trying to accomplish it to just add to the string

opposed
just
creating a new line each time. This information is finally
outputted
Word.

For example: What I want
Column

Apples
Oranges
Peaches

to look like: Apples, Oranges, Peaches

What I get:

Apples, Oranges, Peaches
Apples, Oranges
Apples

is the current output. Any suggestions? Thanks