Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default Install 2002 & 2003 on same computer

I guess so. They are into Insurance, banking, etc. I was once a Regional
Manager for their Life insurance business.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
It's a wonderful world ;-)

is that ING Bank, the outfit that bought Barings Bank for a £1 (IIRC)?

Regards

Bob

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
I do some development work for ING for point of sale software for

salesmen.
Some only have xl95 so I have to write the program for the "lowest

common
denominator". They pay well.
I have even had calls from some wondering why the program won't work

when
the install instructions sent out by the company tells them they must

have
excel installed..

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
95!

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
I also have xl95,xl97 and xl2002 all on the same computer, in

different
directories.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
WinXP
I am helping an OP with a large project. He is 1000 miles away so
everything is long distance or email. I have Excel 2002, he has

2003.
This
has caused no problems throughout the project development until

now.
One problem has cropped up that appears (just "appears" at

this
point)
to be version related. I won't go into the details of the problem
because
haven't defined it sufficiently at this point.
I have a copy of 2003 that I installed once over my 2002, but

elected
to revert back to the 2002 because of the Help changes and the

fact
that
comments in these newsgroups indicated that the benefits of 2003

over
2002
were not worth the Help hassle of 2003.
All that said, I want to install 2003 on my stand-alone

computer
along
side my 2002 so that I can properly troubleshoot this one problem.

know
that many of you have multiple versions installed so I know it can

be
done.
I am asking for some guidance from those of you that have

already
done
this so that I might avoid some of the pitfalls. For instance,

should
install 2003 in a folder outside of Program Files (where 2002

resides)?
Should I avoid running both at the same time?
Should I avoid saving my 2002 file under 2003 or should I make a

copy
of
it
under another name and save it under 2003?
Have you run into any "mines" with this that I should avoid

stepping
on?
I am aware of the file association problem and I can work with

that.
Thanks for your help. Otto