Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Does Workbook.Open ever run from a Function Call?

If you're calling the function via a worksheet formula it will not work.
Formulas only return a value to the cell they are in. They cannot affect
other cells or perform any actions.

--
Jim
"Mac Lingo" wrote in message
link.net...
I have code that opens a Workbook.

When this code runs in Workbook_Open() it works fine. However when I
execute the same code in a normal Function call it doesn't work.

I have moved the code that does the actual opening of the workbook to a
different subroutine "Test_Call". When I call it from Workbook_Open, it
works. When I call it from a Function Call, it doesn't work. When I put
the call to "Test_Call" into a Macro, it works.

Do you have any idea what's going on?

Mac Lingo