Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default Concatenate problem

you're welcome and i'm glad to hear that it worked :)

--
Cheers
JulieD

"tmwilkin" wrote in message
Worked perfectly. Thanks!

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Todd

the way i would do it is

use the advanced filter to generate a list of the unique ID numbers in
another column on your worksheet (Debra Dalgleish has notes on how to do
this at www.contextures.com/tiptech.html) and then use a UDF that Harald
Staff and myself created called CONCAT_IF to concatenate the keywords ...
this function and notes on using it can be found at my website
www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.html

--
Cheers
JulieD
"tmwilkin" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm working a file with two columns of data. The first column is an ID
number, the second is a description keyword. An example is shown
below:

388643 WSPHD170440 PE170IP4 417IPEB
388643 LIPE170IP4 IN004PE170IP4
388643 ZZFAB
388643 VVFL
388643 VVNW
766220 IN004!PE110IP5
766220 VVWV

I want to concatenate the keywords for each unique ID into one row/cell
(col
B). Can anyone assist? I can work with any function that generates
duplicate rows as I could strip them out later.

Thanks in advance,
Todd