Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stuart[_21_] Stuart[_21_] is offline

Default Auto Search Archive files

Many thanks ....it's already installed and oft used.

Are you saying that I can point it to my drive "F:" and
set it to search the drive for every '.cab' file (or any other "archive"
file), and that I can also set it to look for a file (say abc.txt) within
each of those cab files?

Regards.

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
Suggest using Ron's google addin instead

http://www.rondebruin.nl/

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Stuart" wrote in message
Is this possible, please:

Use VBA to automate the search for a specific file within an archive file
(eg cab, zip etc), and then list the full path of that archive?

I have a registered copy of Winzip 9.0 SR-1 and also the
Command Line Support Add-On.

I can see a manual way, but I really need to automate this to check all
archive files on a drive (inc subfolders) if at all possible.

Regards.