Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Avais Avais is offline

Default Count How Many Times A Cell's Value Has Been Changed

Hi,

I run a manufacturing production sheet in Excel 2002 to plan
production.

I have approx 500 rows of orders. I have columns labelled Mon, Tue,
Wed, Thu, Fri. Each day I sit with my supervisors and try to agree
which orders we will complete and on which day. Once agreed I will
place the order £'s value along the row under a day the supervisor has
promised, eg.

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri

Order1-Hammer £2
Order2-Wrench £5
Order3-Screw £5
etc..etc.

The problem I have is that as each day goes by, my supervisors 'delay'
their promises and I have to move their commited date forward by a
day. eg.

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri

Order1-Hammer £2
Order2-Wrench £5
Order3-Screw £5
etc..etc.

What I need excel to do is 'COUNT' how many times the supervisor broke
his promise and I had to change the production date. In the example
above all 3 orders were changed once each.

I need excel to somehow remember the the change!

I appreciate your help in advance because I know this is going to be a
real nightmare of a job!!

Thanks,

Avais