Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RWN RWN is offline

Default "SaveAs" Generates error on shared drive

Thanks Patrick.

Strange that it worked using '97 and works fine in '03 *except* where the directory is on
a shared drive.
However, your note made me change my logic to check if the file already exists and, if so,
use a "Save" command.

At the end of the day it works.

Again, thanks for the hint.
--
Regards;
Rob
"Patrick Molloy" wrote in message
you can't use SaveAs and save the file with its own name, which is what
happens if you close & then re-open it.
A SaveAs will try to write over an existing file. If this ios the file
that's open, then the O/S locks it. Either use SAVE or make sure that the
filename used by the SaceAs isn't the name of an open workbook.