Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Password prompt appears when closing Excel

I don't have another guess.

Jeff Lefebvre wrote:

I'm having the same problem with a custom add-in, but I don't have the google
desktop search installed.

Any other ideas?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Does it only happen on pc's that have the "Google Desktop Search" installed?

If yes, there have been some posts that saying turning off the excel COM Add-in
removes the problem.

One way to turn it off:

In excel,
Tools|customize|Commands tab|Tools Category
Scroll down the commands listbox and
Drag "COM Add-ins..." to under Tools|Addins
(It seems to make sense there.)

Then close up that dialog.

Back to Tools|COM Add-ins...
Turn off the google desktop search addin.

(You could use a registry tweak, too. But I think that this is safer/easier.)

===
You may want to look at the other office programs, too (well, if you experience
problems).

RJ Lohan wrote:

Hi,

I have developed an addin (.xla) for Excel. We're noticing strange behaviour
in some cases where a password prompt appears when closing Excel. The prompt
is for the password attached to the VBA project which I've set as the 'lock
for viewing' password.

Any ideas why this would be happening??

--

Dave Peterson