Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LabElf LabElf is offline

Default Bug in Excel 2003

I want to get this information out to users and this is the only vehicle I
can find. I don't know how to add anything to the knowledge base, and I
received no response when I sent email to the support site staff.
Here's the thing: I wrote a macro that accesses the Value property of a
range. If the range is several contiguous cells, the Value property is an
array. I access the value of the first cell in each row, edit it, and put it
in another cell. In Excel 2000, this works fine. In Excel 2003, the macro
immediately returns a compile error complaining of invalid elements and will
not run. The workaround is to use Value2 instead of Value where accessing
the array is needed.
--
Assigning guilt doesn't solve the problem