Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Objects moving when printing

I don't have xl2002 available anymore.

But I trust that it worked for you, but I trust Myrna and Ron, too.

But maybe it'll work for the OP.

Jim Rech wrote:

As I said I've applied the security update and it did the trick. I invite
you to try it and report your experience. The actual chain of documentation
is:

MSKB 873366 (Description of the Excel 2002 security update: October 12,
2004) says that it fixes the issues in the 829348 (Excel 2002 post-SP3
hotfix package of May 6, 2004).

And 829348 lists among its fixes:

838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

I've asked MS to update 838910.

--
Jim
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
| There have been a few posts (Myrna Larson and Ron de Bruin) that say that
the
| security update didn't fix it for them.
|
| Jim Rech wrote:
|
| It's not just a simple download.
|
| I think it is, Dave, because it was included in the 10/12/2004 Security
| Update. MSKB 873366 describes how to get it. As I recall the fix isn't
| mentioned in the doc, it is there; I read it somewhere and proved to my
| satisfaction that it worked. I'd be interested to see if you can
confirm
| this.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Dave Peterson" wrote in message
| | There's a link on this URL:
| | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=838910
| |
| | How to obtain the hotfix
| |
| | This issue is fixed in the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix
Hotfix
| Package
| | May 6, 2004. For additional information, click the following article
| number to
| | view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
| | 829348 Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004
| |
| | That points to this KB article:
| | http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829348/
| | Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: May 6, 2004
| |
| | That describe how to contact MS to get the link. It's not just a
simple
| | download.
| |
| | Squid wrote:
| |
| | How to I obtain the hotfix from
| | http://support.microsoft.com/d**efault.aspx?kbid=838910 ? There is
| | not a link to download the hotfix. I can't seem to find it
anywhere.
| |
| | Thanks
| | Mike