Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Schroeder Steve Schroeder is offline

Default I don't understand classes¡¡¡¡

That's fair certainly. Personally, and quite obvious I'm sure, I've never
had a need for them. I've never had a real-world problem that required
raising an event a control didn't already handle. Just like with database
normalization/denormalization, abstraction, encapsulation can also be taken
to extremes, making code a bitch to debug.

I use functions almost exclusively, data in, data out...comment my code,
and use error checking judiciously.

If it gets any more complicated than that, it probably don't belong in an
Office VBA app.

again, my humble opinion...and not a judgement or criticism of anyone :)

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

"Steve Schroeder" wrote in message
LOL...yeah, I imagine so. The only people who care about classes are
programmers.

Well I happen to think that classes are a necessary aspect of good design
of an application, to achieve encapsulation, abstraction, ease of
maintenance, and so on and so on. Much of this can be achieved in other
ways, classes are just the best IMO.

There are also some things you just cannot do without classes, application
events as an example.

Yes I do have a 'bee' about +...lol.

It's just that I have seen you mention it twice today, but rarely

encounter
it in the 'real' world.

Ever see one of those gawd awful Sams
or Queue books touting the latest version of VB, only to see in the

first
chapter examples of connecting strings using a +?
Clearly they just regurgitate old chapters and tack on a new one at the

end,
and then fool the customer into thinking that have an up-to-date book on
VBA/VB.

Can't comment on that, haven't read that many books, at least not ones

that
would address string concatenation. Read a SAMs book on SQL once, but

don't
think that had + <vbg