Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How do I create validation lists which change based on another lis

I am not sure that Excel Hacks is that widely read by knowledgeable users
since the contents are pretty much standard fare. Perhaps you could
elaborate on the general concept that is not workable.

A VBA solution would largely involve looping through your data and only
adding values that meet your previously established criteria to the listbox.

However, the primary image I would have of this requirement would be on a
database that exceeds 10 columns in width. If so, the solution I would
pursue would be an Autofilter. (found under Data=filter=Autofilter). In
this situation, building dependent dropdowns would be reinventing the wheel.

--
Regrds,
Tom Ogilvy

"Pete" wrote in message
I have tried the example in "Excell Hacks" but it is too complicated to
extend over more than 2 columns. I would like to extend to 10 columns. A
VBA solution would be OK if necessary.