Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Licensed User - Changes on its own!

That was a guess anyway. I would suspect it uses the login name for that
message anyway. I don't see how code would affect it unless you were doing
something exotic.

Tom Ogilvy

"Darren Elsom" wrote in message

No, I dont believe so.

I do however, use the code to open a new workbook and transfer deails from
the original to the new via copy/paste.

Regards,

Darren.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Do you use application.Username in the code?

I suspect you are trying to us it as a comparison and it is being
interpreted as an assignment.

Tom Ogilvy

"Darren Elsom" wrote in message
A number of users that are currently using a spreadsheet I have

developed
have found that when launching ANY Microsoft Office product, the

licensed
user has now changed to my name.

This also means that when a user is in the workbook on a shared

area/drive,
and a second user attempts to open the workbook - the box stating that

the
'file is in use by' has my name in and not the users.

The spreadsheet uses VBA to create a tool bar on the fly, deleting it
when
the workbook closes. None of my code directly writes to the registry.

Are there any known issues that could cause this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me with.

Darren.