Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy[_2_] Patrick Molloy[_2_] is offline

Default Porting of Excel data to SQL Server 2000 remotely

There are a number of ways to do this, and it pretty much depends on how much
data.
Method 1: if there's only a few rows.. and that could be several hundred,
then from VBA you could simply use ADO -- connect to the database, then
popluate a recordest from the table, pushing it to the database row by row.

Method 2: use the SQL server DTS to grab the table from Excel & push it into
a table...my preferred way for large amounts of data.

"Luke" wrote:

I have an excel sheet in a client machine and i want to port the data
contained in the excel sheet to SQL Server located in a different machine.
Can i do this and if so how?