Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sarimari sarimari is offline

Default Problem with the file format xlCSV and a field separator

Thank you so, it worked :)
-sarimari

"Tom Ogilvy" kirjoitti:

Basically VBA uses US English settings.

If you are using a later version of excel, you might look at the LOCAL
argument to SAVEAS:

From Help on SAVEAS:

Local Optional Variant. True saves files against the language of Microsoft
Excel (including control panel settings). False (default) saves files
against the language of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) (which is
typically US English unless the VBA project where Workbooks.Open is run from
is an old internationalized XL5/95 VBA project).

Believe this was added in xl2002 and later.

Tom Ogilvy

"sarimari" wrote in message
When I save a sheet using File - Save as.. to a format CSV - the result
looks OK and like this using Notespad:
1;monday;jan;1,11
2; tuesday;feb;2,22

BUT when I'm using a simple marco for the same funtion, the result looks
like this:
1,monday,jan,1.11
2,tuesday,feb,2.22

Why are the field separators different doing function manual or using

marco?