Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_3_] Jim Thomlinson[_3_] is offline

Default A double check, please

Generally speaking that will work for you. The only areas that I wonder about
is did you mean Application.path or thisworkbook.path? Application.path is
the directory where the Excel.exe file is stored and normally you do not save
a lot of stuff in there... (not necessarily wrong, just curious). The other
comment is that you do not need to do that as an if - then - else. It could
be written

If Len(Dir(Application.Path & "\" & "abc.exe")) = 0 Then Exit Sub

etc

HTH

"Stuart" wrote:

If I say:
If Len(Dir(Application.Path & "\" & "abc.exe")) _
= 0 Then
Exit Sub
Else
etc
End If

Can I reliably assume that Exit Sub will only occur if the file 'abc.exe' is
not found in the Office-installed path?
....not a trick question, just wish to know what I can be sure of, if I make
the statement.

Regards.