Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KyWilde KyWilde is offline

Default Days in a Month

Thank you, Chip. This was most helpful!

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can write a function like the following, which takes a year
and month as parameters.

Function DaysInMonth(Y As Integer, M As Integer) As Integer
DaysInMonth = Day(DateSerial(Y, M + 1, 0))
End Function

This works because the 0th day of one month is the last day of
the previous month.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"KyWilde" wrote in message
In VBA for excel, how can I find out how many days are in a
specific month
for a specific year (these are held in variables)?
For example: I have "curr_month" holding the current month and
"curr_year"
holding the current year as well as "last_month", "last_year",
etc.
I am trying to get the sum of a category from all the days in a
month in a
column, but the months I will want will change and the days in
these months
will change with leap years (februrary), etc. Therefore,
instead of
hardcoding all the years this will happen, is there a function
in VBA that
does this sort of thing? Thanks!