Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_4_] Dick Kusleika[_4_] is offline

Default "Open" or "OpenText"?

Ed wrote:
Dick, it worked great! Thanks.
I had considered the UserForm, but it would seem much easier to
replace a simple text file for updates than to redo the text in a
UserForm text box. Am I missing something?

No, you're right, it is easier that way. I think the trade-off is how
professional it looks (and how much you care about that.) I think the html
and webbrowswer control is a good alternative because you can replace the
html file without changing the code.

If you want the best of both worlds, take Myrna's advice. Put your info in
a text file, then use VBA's text file keywords to read the text and insert
it in the textbox. It's a little more work up front coding all of that.

Dick