Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Helge V. Larsen[_3_] Helge V. Larsen[_3_] is offline

Default How to identify missing libraries in Excel (Office-XP) using VBA

I am developing an Excel application that is meant to be used by several
(many?) other persons.

In the development I am using Office-2000, but end-users will use Office-97,
Office-2000 and Office-XP.

I am opening an an Access object from Excel. I am also using new functions
in ADO (Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library). Therefore ADO version
2.7 cannot be used.

Consequently, I have in some way to identify missing libraries, i.e.
libraries that in the VBA editor are found by looking for "MISSING ..." in
"Tools / References...". Missing libraries could for instance be MSACC9.OLB
or MSACC10.OLB.

I think that I have to accept just to be able to warn the user that a
library is missing. Probably it is not possible to correct the missing
references through VBA - or is it ??

I have made some VBA that functions in Excel-2000 :

Sub HVL_Find_Missing_References_Excel()
Dim aReference As Object
Dim aMsg as String
aMsg = "Missing reference !" & vbCr & vbCr & _
"In the VBA editor select menu Tools/References... " & _
"and identify the missing reference."
' The next line is not acepted by Office-XP.
For Each aReference In ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.References
If aReference.IsBroken Then
MsgBox aMsg, vbCritical, ActiveWorkbook.Name
End If
Next aReference
End Function

But unfortunately it is not accepted in Office-XP. Not even if security is
set to Low.

The error message is :
Run-time error '1004':
Programmatic access to Visual Basic Project is not trusted.

When I press the debug button, the VBA editor points to the line with
ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.References

What can I do ?
Can I solve my problem in quite another way ?

Please HELP !

I would be happy (also) to receive answers to :
(AndThis)