Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Data Validation problem

There's a sample workbook here that updates a validation list:

Under Data Validation, look for 'Update Validation List' or 'Update
Multiple Validation Lists'

For information on programming, see David McRitchie's list of VBA tutorials:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...m#vbatutorials

And for information on Functions, you can download Peter Noneley's
Function dictionary at Ron de Bruin's site:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/id.htm

waltersanglea wrote:
I am not sure if this can be done but here goes...

I have a cell with a drop down list and I am using Data Validation to
control this list. I need the user to be able to add to this list if
he/she does not find the item that they need. For example, the list
contains cat, dog, and fish but the user needs to use bird. Since
bird is not in the list I want the user to be able to add bird. So
now the list is cat, dog, fish, and bird.

Can this be done? If so, please give me some pointers or other places
to research.

Also, I would like to learn more about programming in excel and to
learn more about what the functions can do for me. Does anyone know
where I should start looking?

Thanks for your help!

--
Debra Dalgleish