Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick S.[_3_] Rick S.[_3_] is offline

Default Saving two file names? One with no extension?

I am having some dificulty finding the error in my code below. I can create
the file name I wish, except, I create second file name with no extension AND
(you knew there was more, go ahead say it) the file name I want is like this
example.
"Original_filename.xlsNew_filename.xls"
I do not know how to get rid of the duplicate file and the "xls" extension
for the Original file name.

My code:
' Macro recorded 4/20/2005 by RStanich
'
Dim sPath As String, sNewFile As String
Dim vMyFileName As Variant
Dim sStartingName As String

Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Application.Run "CheckForOpenFile"
Application.Run "ToggleControlChartBar"

'Get Current File Name

'Create File name
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Range("C7").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-5]C& ""-"" &R[-5]C[1]"
sPath = "c:\Modern_Excel_FIRs\"
sFileName = ActiveCell
vMyFileName = ActiveWorkbook.Name
sNewFile = sPath & vMyFileName & "_" & sFileName & ".xls"
Application.StatusBar = "Saving New FIR File"
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Sheets("Sheet1").Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs sNewFile
If sNewFile < "False" Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs sNewFile
End If
ActiveWorkbook.Close sNewFile
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.Run "ToggleControlChartBar"
Application.StatusBar = " Ready "
End Sub

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Rick S.
PHX AZ