Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default find and replace

No, if you are replacing a substring, I think you need to know what it is.
There may be special cases where you can do that, but I don't think there is
any way you can do

Replace: '*'
With: 'Some String'

Tom Ogilvy

"choice" wrote in message
it will give an error saying function is not correct when it goes to the

next
function
well i was just doing a find
"'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!
and replace with [data.xls]tracker!, but some equations have multiple

sheets
and workbooks

so i guess my question is, is there a way to do a find and replace that

will
work for
'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!
and
'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Tables.xls]new'!C1497
is there like a wildcard function that will allow me to replace everything
inbetween ' and [ and also the value before !

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

How does it mess you up? Show some sample code that causes a problem.

Tom Ogilvy

"choice" wrote in message
i have:
='\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!C1497
and

='\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\T-Mobile\Choice\[Data.xls]Tracker'!C1497+'\\BACKRIGHTCOMP\
T-Mobile\Choice\[Tables.xls]new'!C1497

how can i do a find replace in order to just get

[workbook.xls]worksheet!cell
the thing that always messes me up is the apostrophe after the

worksheet
name

thanks in advance