Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barmaley Barmaley is offline

Default Length limitation of cell formulas

I did noted "my post about length limitation" at the beginning, though :)

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
That isn't a formula.

Tom Ogilvy

"Barmaley" wrote in message
my post about length limitation

I had to help people trying to make some kind of report in Excel, taking

lot of text and sticking it in one cell.
As a result they didn't see everything.
There is 1024 limit, however if you look in Formula Bar you will see all
your information way beyond 1024 characters.
As a matter of fact, I just tried to type as long it will type - it

wouldn't
type beyond 32767 characters.

In my coworker situation I had to trunk text block to the width of the

cell
with vbCrLf (if my memory serves me well)

AvP

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
that just caused an error on the first message box. (xl2003). The

formula
was truncated to 1023 characters. what is the significance of 5489.

It
appears the limit is 1024 as stated in help. If you do a recalc, you

will
see the truncated formula isn't functional (it isn't secretly working

as
it
appears you are trying to imply).

Tom Ogilvy