Dana DeLouis

Hi. If your data on the x-axes is evenly spaced out, Excel has a Fourier
Transform function under Data | Analysis. However, it's a Radix-2 algorithm
only.
My opinion is that Solver can not do a LSQ very well, especially with more
than just a few data points. I've never had much success with a LSQ
fitting. The main problem is that by definition, one is squaring the error,
so the "error" never goes negative. This confuses Solver. With multiple
values, Solver gets confused, and will quickly give up.

--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
I have an XY-chart with data points that are very near a sine wave.
I would like to fit a sine wave trendline to the chart, and also get
the amplitude and the period from the formula of the sine wave.

Or perhaps I should work the other way around? First determine the
parameters for the sine wave function and then create a second series
of data points to be plotted on the chart?

Any suggestions and (simple!) examples are welcome.

--
Amedee Van Gasse