Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barmaley Barmaley is offline

Default VBA and 2002/2003/2000

There is easy way around (to my knowledge)
Couple things you can do
1. Distribute instructions to users how to modify Security Settings etc etc
2. If you planning to distribute your Excel files with code in the future,
you can sign your macros with certificates
2.1 you can create your own certificates (with SELFCERT.EXE located in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office - location may vary depending on
Office version). Then you need to distribute the certificate for users to
install. And then accept to Always trust your certificate
2.2 you can go all the way and get certificate from Certificate
Authority. This way you don't need to distribute certificate to users

As I said there is no simple way to do this.

I hope this helps

"Bill Sturdevant" wrote in
message ...
In my original note, I meant to say I also need to send this to people who
might still have Excel 2000. How can I ensure they can open my Excel 2002
sworkbook?

"Barmaley" wrote:

First check Security Settings
If it is set to High on clients computer they will not get message

asking to
enable Macros. This setting needs to be on Medium

AvP

"Bill Sturdevant" wrote in
message ...
I have Excel 2002.
I am using the following code behind a button:

Dim strFilePath, strFileName As String
strFileName = "BusSurv - " & ActiveSheet.Range("B1") & ".xls"
If strFileName = "BusSurv - .xls" Then
MsgBox "You did not enter a value!"
Exit Sub
End If
Dim x As Variant
x = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show(arg1:=str FileName)

It works in Excel 2002. When someone opens it in 2003, they get no

message
about enabling macros, and when they click the button they get thrown

into
VBA. I have not seen their machine yet to diagnose this, but what

could
be
happening? Also, I need to send the workbook to people who will

likely
have
Excel 2002. What will I have to do to make sure they can trun this?