Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Brown[_5_] Gary Brown[_5_] is offline

Default Can you save options selected in Text Import Wizard?

Thanks Tom.
I thought that was the case but I wanted to check.
I appreciate your response.
Sincerely,
Gary Brown

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

It is captured in your recorded code.

Other than that, you can't.

Tom Ogilvy

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
Importing text with the Macro Recorder on gives me a macro like...
Workbooks.OpenText Filename:="D:\Test\Data\Test.txt", _
Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow:=1, _
DataType:=xlDelimited, _
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, _
ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, _
Tab:=True, Semicolon:=False, _
Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=False, _
FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 3), _
Array(2, 1), Array(3, 2))

Does anyone know of a way to capture the settings such as Origin,

StartRow,
DataType, TextQualifier, Tab, etc...

I want the user to be able to pick several text files that will be
imported to Excel. The files for any one 'picking' session will have the
same format. I want to be able to have the user import the first file

using
the Import Wizard. I'm fine up through here.
With that information, I can then automatically import the rest of the
files. BUT, I don't know how to capture the information entered by the

user
in the Import Wizard. ie what the user put for StartRow, Arrays, etc.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Gary Brown