Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default list + macros continued

How does the value in K34 change? Is the cell manually edited, is it
updated by a dde link, is it filled with a formula and thus calculated?

Tom Ogilvy

"Piwo" wrote in message
Bob, Thanks for your help. I changed the code and it seems to run ok when

chose to run the macro with a specific command. however, I want it to run
automatically when the value in k34 changes. Can you help with this?

Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Static prevValue
Dim model As String
Range("k34").Select
model = ActiveCell.Value
If model < prevValue Then
Select Case model
Case ""
Exit Sub
Case "60/40"
Sheets("Model Allocation Inputs").Select
Range("D25:D37").Copy
Sheets("60-40 Charts").Select
Range("F39").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste Link:=True
Case "80/20"
Sheets("Model Allocation Inputs").Select
Range("e25:e37").Copy
Sheets("60-40 Charts").Select
Range("F39").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste Link:=True
End Select
Else
prevValue = model

HTH

RP

"Piwo" wrote in message
I have a cell that contains a drop down list. I want the macro to run

if
the
list selection changes. For example: I currently selected 60/40 from

the
list. If I select 60/40 again, there is obviously no need to re run

the
macro. however, if I change the selection to 80/20 I would want to

macro
run.

Clear? Thanks

Dim model As String
Range("k34").Select
model = ActiveCell.Value
Select Case model
Case ""
Exit Sub
Case "60/40"
Sheets("Model Allocation Inputs").Select
Range("D25:D37").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("60-40 Charts").Select
Range("F39").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste Link:=True
Case "80/20"
Sheets("Model Allocation Inputs").Select
Range("e25:e37").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("60-40 Charts").Select
Range("F39").Select