Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Philip Philip is offline

Default using Windows API Open Dialog/Browse in VBA - center form in scree

Hi,

I am using an API implementation of SHBrowseForFolder (to get a LAN
directory from the user) and GetOpenFileName API call to show the WIndows
Open Dialog (to get a filename to open).

I would like to additionally be able to center both those Windows dialogs in
the screen, and also, with the Open Dialog, I'd like to have it automatically
show the 'Details List view'

Unfortunately, calls like 'SetWindowPos', PostMessage, SendMessage,
GetWindowRect all need a pointer value for the hwnd of the owner form which
is not available in VBA Forms...

Is there anway to get that value?

thanks

Philip