Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Phil H Phil H is offline

Default blank rows

Good idea, thanks!!

"K Dales" wrote:

I like using the CurrentRegion for this, as it looks specifically for filled
cells. So Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Rows.Count tells me how many rows are
used in A; I can then insert the data into the next row. But this only works
(strictly speaking) for rectangular ranges of contiguous data.

"Phil H" wrote:

How do you append new rows to the end of a workbook?

If I find the last row using ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Row and
append my stuff, I often find blank rows above the newly appended ones
because somebody had entered data and then cleared it, which moves the
LastCell downwards.

I am trying to delete the blank rows by looping thru all rows to detect
blank ones, but the IsBlank function won't work in VBA. Are there
workarounds?