Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
quartz[_2_] quartz[_2_] is offline

Default Obtain current RGB settings for color indexes 17 thru 27

Nevermind Bob, I figured it out...

For lngX = 17 To 27
GetRGB ActiveWorkbook.Colors(lngX), argRed, argGreen, argBlue
ActiveSheet.Range("A1:C1").Offset(lngX - 17, 0).Value = Array(argRed,
argGreen, argBlue)
Next lngX

Thanks much.

"quartz" wrote:

Thanks Bob.
Forgive my ignorance, but how can I get this info into cells in a sheet?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Sub test()
Dim red, green, blue
GetRGB ActiveWorkbook.Colors(17), red, green, blue
Debug.Print red
Debug.Print green
Debug.Print blue
End Sub

Public Function GetRGB(colour As Long, ByRef red, ByRef green, ByRef blue)

red = colour And &HFF
green = colour \ 256 And &HFF
blue = colour \ 256 ^ 2 And &HFF

End Function

--

HTH

RP

"quartz" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

I want to retrieve the current color mix values (RGB) for the current user
of an Excel file (for index 17 through 27) and store these settings in a
hidden sheet. I then plan to add some custom color mixes for use with a
program, then restore the user's original colors when the user exits the

file.

Does anyone have a function that will retrieve the current color mixes
(RGB)? If so, could you please post example code or a function? (Please

note
that I already know how to custom mix the colors and add them to the

palette,
access them, etc). OR if someone has an easier solution to this issue,

please
post any suggestions...

Thanks much in advance.