Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Textbox edit

Check separately, for the first char being a - and there not already being
one, or have a checkbox to signify negative.

--

HTH

RP

"K Dales" wrote in message
The ASCII code for "-" is 45, so you can allow that; i.e:
If (KeyAscii < 48 and KeyAscii <45) or KeyAscii 57 Then...
The only problem: the user could enter something like 34-56 unless you

also
check to see if it is the first character in the textbox, so you may need

write some code to deal with this possibility.

"Paul" wrote:

I have a text box in a form I would like the user to enter numbers only

in.
On this forum, some code was posted:

Private Sub TextBox1_Key Press
If KeyAscii <48 or Key Ascii 57 Then
KeyAscii=0
End If

This works great EXCEPT it will not allow input of a negative number,

which
I need. How can I modify this code to allow a negative number to be

input?

Thanks!

--
Paul