Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Amedee Van Gasse[_3_] Amedee Van Gasse[_3_] is offline

Default create a folder

Tom Ogilvy shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.programming:

On Error Resume Next
Mkdir "c:\Myfolder"
On Error goto 0

Then you are sure it exists.

Or use the CreateFolder method from FileSystemObject:

Function CreateFolderDemo
Dim fso, f
Set f = fso.CreateFolder("c:\New Folder")
CreateFolderDemo = f.Path
End Function

There is even a FolderExists method! Call this before creating your
folder.

Function ReportFolderStatus(fldr)
Dim fso, msg
If (fso.FolderExists(fldr)) Then
msg = fldr & " exists."
Else
msg = fldr & " doesn't exist."
End If
ReportFolderStatus = msg
End Function

It's a more "modern" way of programming. On Error is rather cluncky and
created spaghetti code, FileSystemObject is really Object Oriented. But
it's not my way or the highway: please try both and use what you like
best.

(Hey, please no discussions about early/late binding. I just copied
this from some page on the MSDN DVD. Don't shoot the messenger.)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html