Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Protecting chart objects

In your code,
unprotect the sheet,
delete the old chart
build the new chart
protect the sheet (at least for objects)

Charts are on the object layer, so you have to at least protect objects.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
ups.com...
I would appreciate any suggestions. I have a question concerning
protected charts.

I am currently creating charts on a worksheet, a different chart
depending upon the option button the user selects. I was told to make
sure that the user can not select the chart, move the chart, delete the
chart. I am creating my charts in a particular range. So when the
user selects an option button for a different chart ... the previous
chart object is deleted, and a new one is created and placed in the
range. How can I protect each chart, considering the creation and
removal of charts going on in my workbook?

Thanks in advance,
Julia