Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default VBA UDF Writing data to spreadsheet

Hi Macroman,

There is no way you can change anything in your spreadsheet (values,
formats, etc) from within a function.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Macroman" wrote in message
I am writing a simple function which asks the user for a range of cells.

I would like the range of cells analysed and replaced with new values but
I am unable to write back to the spreadsheet.
I can create a Sub (macro) to do this but I prefer a function then I can
add the function to my UDF AddIns.
The code as follows
-----------
Function Grab(Grab_Range As Range)

intCellLoc = ActiveCell.Address
varSheetName = ActiveSheet.Name
intRows = Grab_Range.Rows.Count
intColumns = Grab_Range.Columns.Count

intRepRow = Grab_Range.Cells(1, 1).Row
intRepCol = Grab_Range.Cells(1, 1).Column

If intColumns < 1 Then ErrMsg = "#Column Err#": GoTo Finished

########It is this bit I cant get working#############
For i = 1 To intRows
Sheets(varSheetName).Cells(intRepRow+(i-1) , intRepCol).Value = "Test"
Next
Finished:
If ErrMsg = "" Then ErrMsg = "Finished"
Grab = ErrMsg