Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
deko[_3_] deko[_3_] is offline

Default Formatting and sorting cells with VBA

My code broke again - or perhaps it was never fixed :)

But I think I know what's going on. I'm using a query to populate a series
of worksheets, like this:

strSql = "SELECT * INTO [Excel 8.0;Database=" & strXlsPath & "].[" & _
strSheetName & strTestType & "] FROM tblExcelData;"
db.Execute strSql, dbFailOnError

The field in tblExcelData that contains the date is text field (there is a
reason for this). For some reason, the cell in the worksheets contains
this:

'10/12/04 07:20

While the Access table field contains only this:

10/12/04 07:20

Why the leading single quote? How did it get there and how do I get rid of
it?