Dave Peterson

So maybe you could use the windows default application that's associated with
that file extension:

Option Explicit
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Shell "Start ""C:\My Documents\My Music\my song.mp3"""
End Sub

This starts it, but does give a warning message:
Option Explicit
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "C:\My Documents\My Music\my song.mp3"
End Sub

Earl Kiosterud wrote:

Bob,

Playsound won't play mp3 or mid files. All you'll hear is that "donk"
(which is ding.wav).
--
Earl Kiosterud

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Steve,

Put this code in a normal code module

Private Declare Function PlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "PlaySoundA" _
(ByVal lpszName As String, _
hModule As Long, _
ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long

Public Function PlayWavFile(WavFile As String) As String
Const SND_ASYNC = &H1
Const SND_FILENAME = &H20000
PlaySound WavFile, 0, SND_ASYNC Or SND_FILENAME
PlayWavFile = ""
End Function

and then in ThisWorkbook add this code

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

PlayWavFile ("C:\Windows\Media\Microsoft Office 2000\Chimes.wav")End Sub
--

HTH

RP

"SteBar" wrote in message
Is it possible that when I open up a particular Excel file a particular
wav/midi/mp3 music file will automatically start playing? If so, how do
do it?

Thanks - Steve B.

--

Dave Peterson