Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David David is offline

Default Reference Calculations

Hi Again,

What was outlined worked for me. The lookup table is sorted, but the lookup
value does not need to be sorted.

Thanks,

"K Dales" wrote:

One note: VLOOKUP will only work if the ID is sorted

"David" wrote:

Simplified, all of one worksheet

ID Item Budget Forecasted
3 Oranges $300 600
1 Apples $32 46
3 Oranges $212 424
5 Pears $198 220
=C5/VLOOKUP(A5,$A$8:$C$13,3,FALSE)

ID Item Cost Per
1 Grapes $0.70
2 Berries $0.25
3 Oranges $0.50
4 Bananas $0.55
5 Pears $0.90

"DH487" wrote:

This question is long winded so forgive me.

I need to develop a function that takes an identifer matches that id with an
id on a subsequent worksheet and returns a value for that id which is then
used in a math function to calculate forecast.

i.e.
Worksheet 1
ID Item Budget Forecasted Amount
3 Oranges $300 ?
1 Apples $32 ?
3 Oranges $212 ?
5 Pears $198 ?

Worksheet 2
ID Item Cost Per
1 Grapes $0.70
2 Berries $0.25
3 Oranges $0.50
4 Bananas $0.55
5 Pears $0.90

So basically the function i need is that if the client on the first line
item has $300 to spend on oranges and oranges cost $0.50 each based off
Worksheet 2 then how many oranges can the client expect?