Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Richter Steve Richter is offline

Default calling web service from excel 2000

I would like to demonstrate how my web service can be called from an
excel spreadsheet. I am just learning to program web services in
asp.net, so I only know enough to be dangerous.

To return a grid of information, could my web service return an HTML
table, or would it have to return an XML stream?

What is the earliest version of excel that can directly call a web
service? I have excel 2000 on my w2k PC. I also have office 2003 from
an MSDN universal subscription that expired in June 2004.

My issue with the version of excel needed is not so much which excel
version I have. It is, which version will my users have and what web
service capabilities will their versions of excel have.

thanks,

-Steve