Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
K Dales[_2_] K Dales[_2_] is offline

Default Need formula to calculate average monthly percentage of change...

If you need to do it in one step, you will need a custom function I think.
but if you can insert a calculated column (or row), you can use that to
calculate the monthly increase for each of the values, then take the average
of that column; for example if your monthly numbers are in A1:A4, then in B2
put the formula =(A2-A1)/A1 and copy this down into B3 and B4. Then the
average monthly increase is just =AVERAGE(B2:B4).

"vikgarden" wrote:

Not sure how to do this, If I have a range of numbers, (50, 55, 75, 100)
Percentage of increase is (10%, 36%, 33%)
Average monthly increase is 26%

How do I get excel to calculate the above?