Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default lookup for a combo box in VBA

What you don't say is where the data is so I will make assumptions.

You are getting a number from the Combobox, and so all you use is

ws.Cells(iRow, 4).Value = Application,VLOOKUP(Me.cboVend.Value, _
Range("H1:M100"),2,False)
ws.Cells(iRow, 7).Value = Application,VLOOKUP(Me.cboVend.Value, _
Range("H1:M100"),3,False)

assuming that the data is in H1:M100, and that vendor and ranch are in I and
J respectively, columns 2 and 3 of the data table.

--

HTH

RP

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Ok, thanks to Patrick I have my combo box working. Of coarse there is a

but,
the
combo box returns a number in the database. Do I have to write a function
in the macro to
lookup the correct text? I have used vlookup in excel but never in a

macro.
Help please! Right now in column 4 and 5 there is number instead of the
vendors name and ranch name.

This is what it looks like thus far:

Private Sub cmdAdd_Click()

' copy the data to the database
ws.Cells(iRow, 1).Value = "=R[-1]C+1"
ws.Cells(iRow, 2).Value = Me.txtInvoice.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 3).Value = Me.txtDate.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 4).Value = Me.cboVend.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 5).Value = Me.cboRan.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 7).Value = Me.txtPallet.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 8).Value = Me.txtQty.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 10).Value = Me.txtRepakHrs.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 11).Value = Me.txtRepakQty.Value
ws.Cells(iRow, 12).Value = "Purchase"
Me.txtInvoice.SetFocus

Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer