Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike B Mike B is offline

Default Macro for a comparison

How can I get this to go thru the 800+ lines of data? asutomatically?
I want it to do this with a macro and the amount of lines of data changes,
the data can be large so I dont want it limited until there is no more data
Thanks
Mike

"K Dales" wrote:

You can do this easily just with standard calculations in column K; e.g. (for
K1):
= (I1-J1)/J1 (formatted properly, would give %)
= 100*(I1-J1)/J1 gives the number in the format you mention

"mike b" wrote:

Hello,

I would like the code for the following:

Compare the numbers in column I to column J (column I will always be a
bigger number). Display the result in column K in a percentage off high
(meaning column I) Its ok to display like: -7, no need to put the % sign.

example 49.35 is column I, 47 is column J column K should read -5, meaning
47 is 5% away from 49.35 and just display it as -5

Thanks in advance
--
Mike B