Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default plz help: creating named range in VBA, loop goes haywire

The problem is in calling the function to convert a column number to a
column letter, as it changes the passed column number to 0 when the column
number is 25.

Simply change

Function UseCol(MyColNum)

Function UseCol(ByVal MyColNum)

--

HTH

RP

"KR" wrote in message
I'm using the code below to try to add 111 named ranges (for the 111

columns
of data I have) so I can use those to populate my graphs, without having

edit/add each named range manually. This should be a one-time deal. (this

is
in addition to a handful of named ranges that already exist in the

workbook)

When I run the code below, I end up having my loop (namecol) not go
sequentially from 1 to 111; instead it just keeps repeating random sets of
numbers. Since the code is fairly short, I thought I'd be able to figure

out
what is going wrong, but I'm just plain stuck.I don't see anything that
would reset namecol to a lower value.

Can anyone take a quick look, and suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Keith

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Sub AddNamedRanges()

For NameCol = 1 To 111
Excel.Application.StatusBar = Str(NameCol)
NameColRef = UseCol(NameCol)
pop = ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add("AS1" & NameColRef, _
"=OFFSET(AllSummary!$A$4,AllSummary!$B$3-25," & Trim(Str(-1 +

NameCol))
& ",26,1)")
Next

End Sub

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Function UseCol(MyColNum)
ColMod = MyColNum Mod 26 'div column # by 26. Remainder is the
second letter
If ColMod = 0 Then 'if no remainder then fix value
ColMod = 26
MyColNum = MyColNum - 26
End If
intInt = MyColNum \ 26 'first letter
If intInt = 0 Then UseCol = Chr(ColMod + 64) Else _
UseCol = Chr(intInt + 64) & Chr(ColMod + 64)
End Function

-

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent

the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my
own.