biggyb75

I am able to find by the white space but when it replaces with the - it
changes the format. It will not keep it as a text format.

"biggyb75" wrote:

Everything is already set up in Excel though. Is VBA visual basic?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Best to do it with VBA

Selection.Replace What:=Char(160), Replacement:="-", _
Look:=clipart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"biggyb75" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2002. I have a spreadsheet set up as a retrival matricie
that I will upload into an AS400. In one of the columns there are

dimensions
that are set up as whole number space fraction; ie 3 1/2. I need to

replace
the space with a "-" so that the cell would read 3-1/2. Is there a way to

do
that using "Find and Replace". One of the spreadsheets has over 7000

rows, I
don't want to have to do this by hand.